[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [stable] [all] Changing stable policy for drivers

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:15:01 UTC 2016

On 8 August 2016 at 21:12, Matthew Treinish <mtreinish at kortar.org> wrote:

> Ignoring all that, this is also contrary to how we perform testing in
> OpenStack.
> We don't turn off entire classes of testing we have so we can land patches,
> that's just a recipe for disaster.

But is it more of a disaster (for the consumers) than zero testing, zero
review, scattered around the internet if-you're-lucky-with-a-good-wind
you'll maybe get the right patch set? Because that's where we are right
now, and vendors, distributors and the cinder core team are all saying it's
a disaster.

--
Duncan Thomas