[openstack-dev] [infra][neutron] - best way to load 8021q kernel module into cirros

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 8 16:10:35 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-08 11:20:54 +0200 (+0200), Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> The problem with the other projects image builds is that they are
> based for bigger systems, while cirros is an embedded-device-like
> image which boots in a couple of seconds.

Yep, smaller is certainly better when it comes to trying to run Nova
in a virtual machine.

> Couldn't we contribute to cirros to have such module load by default [1]?

It's worth chatting with them, for sure, and see what they say about
it.

> Or may be it's time for Openstack to build their own "cirros-like"
> image with all the capabilities we may be missing for general tempest
> testing? (ipv6, vlan, etc..? )

I haven't personally tested the CirrOS build instructions, but have
a feeling writing a diskimage-builder element wrapper for that
wouldn't be particularly challenging.
--
Jeremy Stanley