[openstack-dev] [infra] Project tailored VM image for Jenkins jobs

eran at itsonlyme.name eran at itsonlyme.name
Mon Aug 8 11:00:14 UTC 2016

I have originally brought this on IRC, but though this place might be
better adequate.
As part of the storlets functional tests Jenkins job, we do a docker
pull from docker hub.
This operation fails many times, and requires many "recheck"s (we run
this with every 'git review').
One solution we were thinking of is having a VM image that contains
the Docker image we need (e.g. saved using docker save), thus
bypassing the need to do "docker pull". Is that possible? I realise
that so far probably devstack is the only example making a special
tailored image.

Many thanks,
Eran