[openstack-dev] [Openstack] The possible ways of high availability for non-cloud-ready apps running on openstack

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Mon Aug 8 09:53:27 UTC 2016

Hi Hossein,

hossein zabolzadeh <zabolzadeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there.
> I am dealing with large amount of legacy application(MediaWiki, Joomla,
> ...) running on openstack. I am looking for the best way to improve high
> availability of my instances. All applications are not designed for
> fail(Non-Cloud-Ready Apps). So, what is the best way of improving HA on my
> non-clustered instances(Stateful Instances)?
> Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the slow reply - I only just noticed this.  Please see this
talk I gave in Austin with Dawid Deja:

  https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/high-availability-for-pets-and-hypervisors-state-of-the-nation

I believe it should answer your question in a lot of detail, but
please let me know if you have follow-up questions.

Regards,
Adam