[openstack-dev] [release] Re: [Neutron][L2GW] Mitaka release of L2 Gateway now available

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 8 09:45:48 UTC 2016

Hi Ihar

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 at 10:37 Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]

> Any update on re-tagging the mitaka release of networking-l2gw with the
> > correct semantic version?  I'm working on packaging updates for Debian
> > and Ubuntu, and don't really want to push in 2016.1.0, only to have to
> > then bump the epoch (versioning semantic in Debian for dealing with
> > changes in versioning that result in out of order versions) again once
> > the next semantically versioned release comes out.
> >

> (Hey, neutron release liaison here.)

Hey!

> I was thinking we will stick to the (unfortunate) versioning for the
> subproject for the time of Mitaka. But I am happy to switch versioning if
> it makes someone’s life easier. Though I would like to hear a confirmation
> on that from l2gw folks first. (I added some cores to CC.)

1.0.0 -> 2016.1.0 -> 3.0.0 is the trick here as 3.0.0 < 2016.1.0; its
possible but I'd rather avoid the epochs in packaging if possible (I might
just skip 2016.1.0 and use a 1.0.0+git snapshot version instead to avoid
that situation).

So I can be flexible, but I suspect that this versioning inconsistency will
cause other deployment types issues as well.

> > Also, what are networking-l2gw's plans for Newton?  I also manage the
> > packaging of vmware-nsx, which amongst other things, depends on
> > networking-l2gw so it would be nice to have a co-ordinated release of
> > networking-l2gw, vmware-nsx (and networking-sfc and tap-as-a-service -
> > but I'll start another thread on that).
>
> Note that neither vmware-nsx nor taas is part of neutron stadium, and as
> such are not managed by neutron-release team. You would need to coordinate
> with them separately.

OK - I missed they are not part of neutron stadium ([0]); I'll hookup with
those teams individually (already in contact with the vmware-nsx team
anyway).

There was a thread on SFC lately asking for Mitaka release. I guess we
> don’t have any stable branches so far for the subproject.

Yeah - started a different thread on that one.

Cheers

James

[0]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/stadium/sub_projects.html#official-sub-project-list