[openstack-dev] [release] Re: [Neutron][L2GW] Mitaka release of L2 Gateway now available

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 8 09:03:55 UTC 2016

Hi Carl

On Thu, 19 May 2016 at 21:51 Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
> > We have the same issue with version numbers regressing no matter when we
> > cut the next release, so it's up to the team. It might be easier to deal
> > with now while it's fresh in our minds.
> >
> > I would like to update the instructions that were followed to give
> > better information about version numbers. Can someone point me to the
> > documentation that was used for the release process?
>
> Hi, they are here [1].  Built from here [2].
>
> Carl

Any update on re-tagging the mitaka release of networking-l2gw with the
correct semantic version?  I'm working on packaging updates for Debian and
Ubuntu, and don't really want to push in 2016.1.0, only to have to then
bump the epoch (versioning semantic in Debian for dealing with changes in
versioning that result in out of order versions) again once the next
semantically versioned release comes out.

Also, what are networking-l2gw's plans for Newton?  I also manage the
packaging of vmware-nsx, which amongst other things, depends on
networking-l2gw so it would be nice to have a co-ordinated release of
networking-l2gw, vmware-nsx (and networking-sfc and tap-as-a-service - but
I'll start another thread on that).

Cheers

James