[openstack-dev] Why do we need a Requirements Team and PTL

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Sat Aug 6 16:16:36 UTC 2016

On 16-08-06 10:34 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Question asked by Julien here:
> https://twitter.com/juldanjou/status/761897228596350976
>
> Answer:
> There's a boat load of work that goes on in global requirements
> process. Here's the list of things that we dropped on the new team
> being formed:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/requirements-tasks
>
> Please feel free to look at the requirements repo, weekly chats etc to
> get an idea.
>
> Also if if you disagree, please bring it up in a community forum so
> you get better answers for your concerns.
>
> Thanks,
> Dims

I have to say that I am disappointed that if a community member felt
like questioning a community action, that question did not occur in a
community channel of communication prior to action being taken.

The election workflow was posted to the mailing list a week prior to the
election commencing. Questioning the purpose of an election while an
election is taking place fosters distrust in the election process, which
is feel is unfair to all those participating in the process with good
intent.

If you have questions about the purpose of an election please voice them
at the appropriate time and venue so your concerns can be addressed.

Thank you,
Anita.