[openstack-dev] [Glance][Heat][Horizon] Glance v2 and custom locations

Brad Pokorny Brad_Pokorny at symantec.com
Sat Aug 6 00:34:56 UTC 2016

Sorry guys, I'm a little late responding to this topic.

>From a Horizon perspective, it would help if there were an API to discover
whether custom locations are off or on in a Glance v2 installation. We
could then expose it to the user only if it's enabled.

What we've done to prevent this from being a blocker to v2 adoption so far
is add a config value in Horizon that allows an operator to turn it off
explicitly [0], but that requires operators to turn it on/off in 2
services separately.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/320039/

Thanks,
Brad