[openstack-dev] [Murano] Let's restructure murano-apps repo

Dmytro Dovbii ddovbii at mirantis.com
Fri Aug 5 16:48:41 UTC 2016

Hi, all!

As you probably know we use murano-app repository to store there the ready
to deploy applications.

But at the moment we can say that the complexity and the level of
production use of applications there are quite different. A number of apps
are absolutely simple and may be used only as examples. So we have some
confusion there and I suggest making some reorganization of this repository.

It is proposed to divide the applications into three categories:

*Production Grade applications.*
These applications have all functionallity to use them in production. Let's
leave them in murano-apps repo.

*Example apps.*
Simple applications created just for demonstration of how app can be
written. These apps should be placed in murano repo in some new directory
like* murano-apps-example* or in *contrib/examples-apps*

*Complex apps.*
Big complex applications, the functionality of which is growing and
updated. We need to create a separate repositories for them.

Please see the doc [1] with my proposal for reorganization of existing
apps. Please feel free to add comments with your suggestions.

Also, we can discuss it on next murano community meeting.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/restructure-murano-apps

--
Best regard,
Dmytro Dovbii,