[openstack-dev] Project mascots update

Fri Aug 5 14:59:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-08-04 at 17:09 +1000, Mike Carden wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Antoni Segura Puimedon <
> toni+openstackml at midokura.com> wrote:
>

> > It would be really awesome if, in true OSt and OSS spirit this work
> > happened in an OpenStack repository with an open, text based format
> > like SVG. This way people could contribute and review.
> >

> I am strongly in favour of images being stored in open formats. Right
> now the most widely supported open formats are PNG and SVG. Let's
> make sure that as often as possible, we all store non-photographic
> images in formats like these.

As someone who acts as web monkey for various conference websites,
could I just say please use SVG.  Scalable formats are so much easier
for website designers to work with and pngs have a habit of looking
ugly when you're forced to scale them (which inevitably happens when
you have a bunch and you're trying to get them to look uniform).

James