[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Progress on overcloud upgrade / update jobs

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 01:46:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm currently working by iteration to get a new upstream job that test
upgrades and update.
Until now, I'm doing baby steps. I bootstrapped the work to upgrade
undercloud, see https> ://review.openstack.org/#/c/346995/ for details
(it's almost working hitting a packaging issue now).

Now I am interested by having 2 overcloud jobs:

- update: Newton -> Newton: basically, we already have it with
gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-upgrades - but my proposal is to use
multinode work that James started.
I have a PoC (2 lines of code):
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351330/1 that works, it deploys an
overcloud using packaging, applies the patch in THT and run overcloud
update. I tested it and it works fine, (I tried to break Keystone).
Right now the job name is
gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha-multinode-upgrades-nv because I took
example from the existing ovb job that does the exact same thing.
I propose to rename it to
gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha-multinode-updates-nv. What do you
think?

- upgrade: Mitaka -> Newton: I haven't started anything yet but the
idea is to test the upgrade from stable to master, using multinode job
now (not ovb).
I can prototype something but I would like to hear from our community before.

Please give some feedback if you are interested by this work and I
will spend some time during the next weeks on $topic.

Note: please also look my thread about undercloud upgrade job, I need
your feedback too.

Emilien Macchi