[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 17:59:02 UTC 2016

Greetings OpenStack community,

This week, the API-WG was visited by Deepti Ramakrishna from the Cinder
project. Deepti brought up a spec currently being implemented by the
Cinder team about resource capabilities, "New public core APIs to expose
system capabilities"[5][6]. The result of this was a great discussion[7]
about the possibility of creating a new guideline for projects that may
wish to expose capability specific information in their REST API servers.

I'd like to thank Deepti for bringing this up, and I encourage anyone
who is interested to have a look at the Cinder spec and hopefully share
their input about how this might be used by other projects in the
OpenStack ecosystem.

No new guidelines have been merged or proposed for freeze this week.

# Recently merged guidelines

None

# API guidelines proposed for freeze

The following guidelines are available for broader review by interested
parties. These will be merged in one week if there is no further feedback.

None this week

# Guidelines currently under review

These are guidelines that the working group are debating and working on
for consistency and language. We encourage any interested parties to
join in the conversation.

* Add the beginning of a set of guidlines for URIs
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/322194/
* Add description of pagination parameters
   https://review.openstack.org/190743

Note that some of these guidelines were introduced quite a long time ago
and need to either be refreshed by their original authors, or adopted by
new interested parties. If you're the author of one of these older
reviews, please come back to it or we'll have to mark it abandoned.

# API Impact reviews currently open

Reviews marked as APIImpact [1] are meant to help inform the working
group about changes which would benefit from wider inspection by group
members and liaisons. While the working group will attempt to address
these reviews whenever possible, it is highly recommended that
interested parties attend the API-WG meetings [2] to promote
communication surrounding their reviews.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack
API Working Group [3].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+(message:ApiImpact+OR+message:APIImpact),n,z
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/API-WG#Agenda
[3] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/