[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Adding opensuse as new driver to Magnum

Murali Allada murali.allada at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Aug 4 16:37:56 UTC 2016

Michal,

The right place for drivers is the /drivers folder.

Take a look at the existing drivers as an examples. You'll also need to update this file https://github.com/openstack/magnum/blob/master/setup.cfg#L60
and add a new entry point for the driver.

I would encourage you to hold off on this patch. We are currently working on using stevedore to load drivers and moving all the heat stack creation and update operations to each driver.

-Murali

From: Michal Jura <mjura at suse.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:26 AM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Magnum] Adding opensuse as new driver to Magnum

Hi,

I would like to put for discussion adding new driver to Magnum. We would
like to propose opensuse with kubernetes as driver. I did some initial
work in bug

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1600197
and changes
https://review.openstack.org/339480
https://review.openstack.org/349994

I've got also some comments from you about how this should be proceed.

As maintainer for this change I can propose myself.

I have couple question about moving this driver to /contrib directory.
If I will do this how this driver should be installed from there?

Thank you for all answers and help with doing this,

Best regards,
Michal