[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [ironic] Exception registering nodes when Ironic API with apache

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 10:06:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On Friday we landed a patch in TripleO to deploy Ironic API in WSGI with Apache.
> Since then, our baremetal CI jobs were failing randomly, and a lot of
> time, with an exception.
> I decided to revert the patch to bring our CI back:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/349281/ (+2 from slagle).

(most a FYI...)

I haven't dug to see what the puppet modules are doing, but we do have
documentation around setting up the ironic-api service to run behind
Apache with mod_wsgi:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/deploy/install-guide.html#configuring-ironic-api-behind-mod-wsgi

I've followed the instructions and got it working in an local
environment here (logs: http://paste.openstack.org/show/547736/)

Hope that helps,
Lucas