[openstack-dev] [neutron][dvr][fip] fg device allocated private ip address

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Tue Aug 2 22:38:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 6:15 AM, huangdenghui <hdh_1983 at 163.com> wrote:

> hi john and brain
>    thanks for your information, if we get patch[1],patch[2] merged,then fg
> can allocate private ip address. after that, we need consider floating ip
> dataplane, in current dvr implementation, fg is used to reachment testing
> for floating ip, now,with subnet types bp,fg has different subnet than
> floating ip address, from fg'subnet gateway point view, to reach floating
> ip, it need a routes entry, destination is some floating ip address, fg'ip
> address is the nexthop, and this routes entry need be populated at the
> event of floating ip creating, deleting when floating ip is dissociated.
> any comments?

The fg device will still do proxy arp for the floating ip to other devices
on the external network. This will be part of our testing. The upstream
router should still have an on-link route on the network to the floating ip
subnet. IOW, you shouldn't replace the floating ip subnet with the private
fg subnet on the upstream router. You should add the new subnet to the
already existing ones and the router should have an additional IP address
on the new subnet to be used as the gateway address for north-bound traffic.

Carl