[openstack-dev] [nova] os-virtual-interfaces isn't deprecated in 2.36

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Aug 2 14:09:49 UTC 2016

On 8/2/2016 2:41 AM, Alex Xu wrote:
> A little strange we have two API endpoints, one is
> '/servers/{uuid}/os-interfaces', another one is
> '/servers/{uuid}/os-virtual-interfaces'.
>
> I prefer to keep os-attach-interface. Due to I think we should deprecate
> the nova-network also. Actually we deprecate all the nova-network
> related API in the 2.36 also. And os-attach-interface didn't support
> nova-network, then it is the right choice.
>
> So we can deprecate the os-virtual-interface in newton. And in Ocata, we
> correct the implementation to get the vif info and tag.
> os-attach-interface actually accept the server_id, and there is check
> ensure the port belong to the server. So it shouldn't very hard to get
> the vif info and tag.
>
> And sorry for I missed that when coding patches also...let me if you
> need any help at here.
>

>     --
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Matt Riedemann

Alex,

os-interface will be deprecated, that's the APIs to show/list ports for
a given server.

os-virtual-interfaces is not the same, and was never a proxy for neutron
since before 2.32 we never stored anything in the virtual_interfaces
table in the nova database for neutron, but now we do because that's
where we store the VIF tags.

We have to keep os-attach-interface (attach/detach interface actions on
a server).

Are you suggesting we drop os-virtual-interfaces and change the behavior
of os-interfaces to use the nova virtual_interfaces table rather than
proxying to neutron?

Note that with os-virtual-interfaces even if we start showing VIFs for
neutron ports, any ports created before Newton won't be in there, which
might be a bit confusing.

Matt Riedemann