[openstack-dev] [all][infra] NOT_REGISTERED to be or not to be

Mikhail Medvedev mihailmed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:29:50 UTC 2016

Thanks starting the discussion, Lenny. I thought about a way to
accomplish that, and came up with few options:

 - Pre-register all possible jenkins jobs with gearman. This only
avoids not registered errors due to gearman server restart, not if you
misconfigured your system;

 - Add option to zuul to treat builds as effectively canceled if there
is no corresponding gearman worker, this would avoid the
not_registered comment in all cases. This can be done in one line of
code if you just hack it [1] (assuming my patch is correct).

 - Automatically register all jobs that zuul tries to start with
gearman. That is, check if <job-foo> exists on gearman, and register
dummy function if not, for each attempted build. This would avoid
missing any patches.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#q,Ie6d5ea35c6eeed465168f24921b04442df8f5744,n,z