[openstack-dev] [tc] persistently single-vendor projects

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 1 15:28:18 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Sean Dague's message of 2016-08-01 10:31:44 -0400:
> On 08/01/2016 10:28 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Sean,
> >
> > So we will programatically test the metrics (if we are not doing that
> > already) to apply/remove "team:single-vendor" tag:
> >
> > https://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/team_single-vendor.html
> >
> > And trigger exit when the tag is present for more than 3 cycles in a
> > row (say as of release date?)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -- Dims
>
> An approach like that would be fine with me. I'm not sure we have a
> formal proposal yet, but 3 cycles seems like a reasonable time frame.
> I'm happy to debate if people think there are better timeframes instead.
>
>     -Sean

Yes, I think 3 cycles works and we are supposed to be reviewing that tag
periodically anyway.

I also agree that there's no need to differentiate between the reasons
for not being able to drop the tag (lack of trying or lack of success),
for the reasons Sean gave.

Doug