[openstack-dev] Requirements for becoming approved official project

Shinobu Kinjo shinobu.kj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 05:40:42 UTC 2016

Hi Tom,

First sorry for bothering you -;

We are trying to make the tricircle project [1] one of the opnestack
official projects. And we are referring to project team guide to make
sure what are requirements. [2]. Reading this guide, what we need to
consider right now is open development, I think (but not 100% sure).
[3]

We have a blueprint. [4] We also have git repositories in
openstack.org and github.com. [5] [6]
There is a few bugs filed. [7] There are few contributors.

What we don't have now is official documentation which is supposed to
be located at openstack.org. [8] This is because we are not officially
approved project. [9] This situation is now huge bottleneck for our
project.

There were some advices from one of developers, which pointed to
guides. [1] [10]
If you could provide some suggestions, advices or no matter what are
really necessary for becoming officially approved project with us, it
would be MUCH appreciated.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Tricircle
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/
[3] http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/open-development.html