[openstack-dev] [kolla] Deploying kolla from a container?

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:36:54 UTC 2016

Hey,

So privileged containers are required by stuff like libvirt, and there
isn't much we can do about it. Shared /run is required by openvswitch
afair. We didn't try to run Kolla with swarm, but I'm afraid that
privileged container and network host are unfortunately a must. OpenStack
wasn't really build to be run in containers, so we had to make sacrifices
here and there. We are experimenting with kubernates now, as it supports
both priv containers and net host.

Let me know what if I can be any help.

Michal