[openstack-dev] [nova] Encrypted Ephemeral Storage

Chris Buccella chris.buccella at antallagon.com
Mon Apr 25 15:07:10 UTC 2016

Thanks Joel. I was able to try this again and can confirm it works as you
describe. Cool.

Based on the comments to the RBD encryption change [1], it looks like there
will be a new direction for ephemeral disk encryption (embedding it in QEMU
directly). I assume LVM will work the same way when the time comes. Will
there be a migration path for the existing ephemeral disk encryption
support for LVM to the new model?

-Chris

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239798/