[openstack-dev] [nova] Distributed Database

Edward Leafe ed at leafe.com
Sun Apr 24 17:15:39 UTC 2016

On Apr 24, 2016, at 6:41 AM, Michael Bayer <mbayer at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm only seeking to counter what appears to be the premise of your blog post, which is that distributed and SQL are mutually exclusive.   When you say, "why don't we just query the database?"  You can make distributed SQL look like that to the application as well, but it might not bring any advantages.

That’s my fault for the confusion. My problem with SQL was in the modeling of disparate resources, each of which has all sorts of different qualities, into a single relational model. I fully understand that SQL DBs can have a distributed model like that of key-value stores or column family stores.

-- Ed Leafe