[openstack-dev] [nova] Distributed Database

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Sun Apr 24 06:18:44 UTC 2016

On Apr 23, 2016, at 11:33 PM, Mike Bayer <mbayer at redhat.com> wrote:

> Facebook and LinkedIn have built distributed database systems based on MySQL at profoundly massive scales. Openstack's problem I'm going to guess isn't as hard as that.

That's always the problem with citing implementations, isn't it? Netflix and Apple have built amazing systems with Cassandra, but that doesn't mean it's right for any other implementation. What I find more interesting is what it took to make any particular technology work with the load placed upon it.

-- Ed