[openstack-dev] More on the topic of DELIMITER, the Quota Management Library proposal

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sat Apr 23 01:57:01 UTC 2016

I have reservations on f and g.

On f., We have had a number of discussions in the past about centralising quota (e.g. Boson) and the project teams of the other components wanted to keep the quota contents ‘close’. This can always be reviewed further with them but I would hope for at least a standard schema structure of tables in each project for the handling of quota.

On g., aren’t all projects now nested projects ? If we have the complexity of handling nested projects sorted out in the common library, is there a reason why a project would not want to support nested projects ?

One other issue is how to do reconcilliation, each project needs to have a mechanism to re-calculate the current allocations and reconcile that with the quota usage. While in an ideal world, this should not be necessary, it would be for the foreseeable future, especially with a new implementation.

Tim