[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] Place kolla-mesos in openstack-attic

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Apr 23 00:08:03 UTC 2016

Fellow Core Reviewers,

Since many of the engineers working on the kolla-mesos repository are moving on to other things[1], possibly including implementing Kubernetes as an underlay for OpenStack containers, I propose we move the kolla-mesos repository into the attic[2].  This will allow folks to focus on Ryan's effort[3] to use Kubernetes as an underlay for Kolla containers for folks that want a software based underlay rather than bare metal.  I understand Mirantis's position that Kubernetes may have some perceived "more mojo" and If we are to work on an underlay, it might as well be a fresh effort based upon the experience of the past two failures to develop a software underlay for OpenStack services.  We can come back to mesos once kubernetes is implemented with a fresh perspective on the problem.

Please vote +1 to attic the repo, or -1 not to attic the repo.  I'll leave the voting open until everyone has voted, or for 1 week until April 29th, 2016.

Regards
-steve

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-April/093143.html
[2] https://github.com/openstack-attic