[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Neutron client and plan to transition to OpenStack client

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 17:19:45 UTC 2016

Hi Neutrinos,

During the Mitaka release the team sat together to figure out a plan to
embrace the OpenStack client and supplant the neutron CLI tool.

Please note that this does not mean we will get rid of the
openstack-neutronclient repo. In fact we still keep python client bindings
and keep the development for features that cannot easily go in the OSC
client (like the high level services).

We did put together a transition plan in pace [1], but we're revising it
slightly and we'll continue the discussion at the summit.

If you are interested in this topic, are willing to help with the
transition or have patches currently targeting the client and are unclear
on what to do, please stay tuned. We'll report back after the summit.

Armando

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-neutronclient/devref/transition_to_osc.html
[2] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9096