[openstack-dev] Summit Core Party after Austin

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Fri Apr 22 11:24:33 UTC 2016

To all who have said the Core Party was a bad thing, let me echo Sean's feelings, and add that I actually liked the core parties more than any of the others, and actually found them to be a very good thing. I too got to meet people who I would normally not have had a chance to have a conversation with.

They were the only social events where one could have a conversation without having to talk over music at 179dB (tissue death occurs at 180dB, [1]). However, the thing that some have called exclusivity (exclusionary) is not consistent with OpenStack.

I would therefore like to take the opportunity to thank Mark and the team who have run these events in the past, and make a request for more social events where the sound level is limited to, say 80dB?

The value of the social events is in the social interactions and the conversation, and the opportunity to meet and interact with people in the community that one would not have otherwise had a chance to do. I can do without the hearing loss, thank you very much.

So thanks Mark, and thanks to team HP for making this possible.

-amrith

[1] http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html