[openstack-dev] [nova] Is the Intel SRIOV CI running and if so, what does it test?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 22 01:26:51 UTC 2016

On 3/31/2016 7:31 AM, Znoinski, Waldemar wrote:

> [WZ] See comments below about full/small wiki but would the below is enough or you'd want or to see more:
> - networking-ci runs (with exceptions):
> tempest.api.network
> tempest.scenario.test_network_basic_ops
>
> - nfv-ci runs (with exceptions):
> tempest.api.compute on standard flavors with NFV features enabled
> tempest.scenario (including intel-nfv-ci-tests - https://github.com/openstack/intel-nfv-ci-tests) on standard flavors with NFV features enabled

In a recent run of the Intel-NFV-CI job I don't see those custom
scenario tests being run:

http://intel-openstack-ci-logs.ovh/compute-ci/refs/changes/68/267768/2/compute-nfv-flavors/20160116_231609/tempest/scenario-on-nfv-flavors/testr_results.html

>  > From the wiki it looks like the Intel Networking CI tests ovs-dpdk but only for
>  >Neutron. Could that be expanded to also test on Nova changes that hit a sub-
>  >set of the nova tree?
> [WZ] Yes, Networking CI is for neutron to test ovs-dpdk. It was also configured to trigger on openstack/nova changes when they affect nova/virt/libvirt/vif.py. It's currently disabled due to issue with Jenkins plugin we're seeing when having two jobs pointing at the same project simultaneously which causes to missed comments. Example [5]. We're still investigating one last option to get it working properly with the current setup. Even if we fail we're currently migrating to new CI setup (Openstack Infra's downstream-ci suite) and we'll reenable that ovs-dpdk testing on nova changes once we're migrated, 6 - 8 weeks from now.
> Is there more you feel we should be testing our ovs-dpdk on when it comes to nova changes?

I'd think it should run on any change in nova that is under
nova/network, or at least nova/network/linux_net.py and
nova/network/model.py.

Matt Riedemann