[openstack-dev] [kolla] deploy kolla on ppc64

Franck Barillaud fbarilla at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 21 21:29:16 UTC 2016

I've been using Kola to deploy Mitaka on x86 and it works great. Now I
would like to do the same thing on IBM Power8 systems (ppc64). I've setup
a local registry with an Ubuntu image.
I've docker and a local registry running on a Power8 system. When I issue
the following command:

kolla-build --base ubuntu --type source --registry  <registry_host>:4000
--push

I get an 'exec format error' message. It seems that the build process
pulls the Ubuntu amd64 image from the public registry and not the ppc64
image from the local registry. Is there a configuration parameter I can
setup to force to pull the image from the local registry ?

Regards,
Franck Barillaud
Cloud Architect
Master Inventor
Ext Phone: (512) 286-5242    Tie Line: 363-5242
e-mail: fbarilla at us.ibm.com