[openstack-dev] Summit Core Party after Austin

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Apr 21 18:43:30 UTC 2016

On 21/04/16 19:40, "Doug Hellmann" <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

>Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2016-04-21 18:22:53 +0200:
>> Michael Krotscheck wrote:
>>

>> So.. while I understand the need for calmer parties during the week, I
>> think the general trends is to have less parties and more small group
>> dinners. I would be fine with HPE sponsoring more project team dinners
>> instead :)
>
>That fits my vision of the new event, which is less focused on big
>glitzy events and more on small socializing opportunities.

At OSCON, I remember some very useful discussions where tables had signs showing
the topics for socializing. While I have appreciated the core reviewers (and others)
events, I think there are better formats given the massive expansion of the projects
and ecosystem, which reduce the chances for informal discussions.

I remember in the OpenStack Boston summit when there was a table marked ‘Puppet’ which was one of the most
productive discussions I have had in the OpenStack summits (Thanks Dan :-)

Tim