[openstack-dev] [nova] Newton midcycle planning

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 21 18:23:29 UTC 2016

On 4/11/2016 3:49 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> A few people have been asking about planning for the nova midcycle for
> newton. Looking at the schedule [1] I'm thinking weeks R-15 or R-11 work
> the best. R-14 is close to the US July 4th holiday, R-13 is during the
> week of the US July 4th holiday, and R-12 is the week of the n-2 milestone.
>
> R-16 is too close to the summit IMO, and R-10 is pushing it out too far
> in the release. I'd be open to R-14 though but don't know what other
> people's plans are.
>
> As far as a venue is concerned, I haven't heard any offers from
> companies to host yet. If no one brings it up by the summit, I'll see if
> hosting in Rochester, MN at the IBM site is a possibility.
>
> [1] http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html

We discussed this in the nova meeting last week [1] but I never replied
to this ML thread.

We agreed to have the Nova midcycle at Intel in Hillsboro, OR on July 19-21.

I'll be working with Intel on the details and will be posting a form for
people to sign up so we can get a rough headcount.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2016/nova.2016-04-14-21.00.log.html

Matt Riedemann