[openstack-dev] Summit Core Party after Austin

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Apr 21 16:57:01 UTC 2016

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> [...]
> I think it's inappropriate because it gives a wrong incentive to become
> a core reviewer. Core reviewing should just be a duty you sign up to,
> not necessarily a way to get into a cool party. It was also a bit
> exclusive of other types of contributions.
>
> Apparently in Austin the group was reduced to only release:managed
> repositories. This tag is to describe which repositories the release
> team is comfortable handling. I think it's inappropriate to reuse it to
> single out a subgroup of cool folks, and if that became a tradition the
> release team would face pressure from repositories to get the tag that
> are totally unrelated to what the tag describes.

Small precision, since I realize after posting this might be taken the
wrong way:

Don't get me wrong, HPE is of course free to invite whoever they want to
their party :) But since you asked for opinions, my personal wish if it
continues would be that it is renamed "the HPE VIP party" rather than
partially tie it to specific rights or tags we happen to use upstream.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)