[openstack-dev] [Glance] Glare and future of artifacts in OpenStack.

Mikhail Fedosin mfedosin at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 21 16:47:40 UTC 2016

Hello!

Today I'm happy to present you a demo of a new service called Glare (means
GLance Artifact REpository) which will be used as a unified catalog of
artifacts in OpenStack. This service appeared in Mitaka in February
and it succeeded
Glance v3 API, that has become the experimental version of Glare v0.1 API.
Currently we're working on stable v1 implementation and I believe it will
be available in Newton. Here I present a demo of stable Glare v1 and its
features that are already implemented.

The first video is a description of Glare service, its purposes, current
status and future development.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpEdycRp9Y
Slides are located here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WQoBenlp-0vD1t7mpPgQuepDmlPUXq2LOfRYnurZx74/edit#slide=id.p

Then it comes the demo. I have 3 videos that cover all basic features we
have at the moment:
1. Interaction with Glance and existing images. It may be useful for
App-Catalog when you import new image from it with Glare and use it through
Glance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flrlCpqwWzI

2. Sorting and filtering with Glare. Since Glare supports artifact
versioning in SemVer I present how user can sort and filter his images by
version with special range operators.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha3SLFZl_jw

3. Demonstration of Heat template artifact type and setting custom
locations for artifacts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEOJvKMUzo

We have dedicated Glare design session on Wednesday 27th of April at 2-40
PM. Will be glad if you may join us there.
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9162?goback=1

Best regards,
Mikhail Fedosin