[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Launchpad cleanups for Newton

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 14:50:09 UTC 2016

Hi all,

So I've been attempting to beat our launchpad project into shape today, and
have made a few changes with a view to making the tool more useful for
tracking things during the Newton cycle:

1. New "TripleO Drivers" team

I created https://launchpad.net/~tripleo-drivers which is a restricted
team, and I added all the currently active tripleo-core members to it.

I also switched over the ownership/driver of https://launchpad.net/tripleo
to this team, so we can limit administering some things like series/milestone
assignments to those on the core team.

Let me know if I have missed anyone (any member of the team should also be
able to add folks if needed)

2. Series added for liberty, mitaka and newton

I created new series for liberty, mitaka and newton, see https://launchpad.net/tripleo/+series

I only created milestone targets for Newton (given that the other releases
already happened), and these are set to expected dates according to the
published Newton release schedule.  Around the time of each milestone,
we'll agree to close the milestone and publish a release for each
component, anything not landed will be bumped to the next milestone.

3. Trunk remains, with "ongoing" target

I left the existing "trunk" series in place, and added an "ongoing" target
- we can use this to track tasks/bugs unrelated to the release cycle (such
  as CI issues or enhancements).

4. Any pre-mitaka Fix Committed bugs marked Fix Released

I ran a script (process_bugs.py from release-tools, mildly hacked) over
the existing bugs, and anything that was marked Fix Committed before the
date of the Mitaka release has been marked Fix Released.

Note I didn't make any attempt to retrospectively fix up series
assignments, I just wanted to clear down the large number of Open Fix
Committed bugs (we had nearly 400 open bugs!)

5 - Any pre-liberty New bugs marked Incomplete with a comment

We had a bunch of really old bugs, which were still Triaged after years of
no activity.  So I posted a comment saying it refers to an old eol version
of TripleO, marked the bug incomplete and requested the reporter to re-open
if the bug is still valid.

Hopefully this last one won't be percieved as too draconian, but I viewed a
subset and they all appeared to be irrelevant to the current codebase.

6 - Purged old obsolete blueprints

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo had a lot of old stuff that was
either obsolete, superseded or actually implemented, so I tried to clear
down these so we can get a better view of what's actually in-progres or on
the roadmap.

7 - New spec-lite tag

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bugs?field.tag=spec-lite

We agreed a while back that we'd adopt the "Spec Lite" process whereby
folks may raise a bug with a description of a feature instead of a
blueprint with a spec.  Please tag any bugs raised for features with
"spec-lite", and mark them as wishlist items assigned to the Newton
series.

Going forward, can I ask (please!) that you assign any bugs or blueprints
to the newton series, and that you try to tag all commits with either a bug
or blueprint reference where appropriate, so we get a better view of
progress as we go through the cycle.

Any questions or comments, please let me know, thanks!

Steve