[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Magnum supports 2 Nova flavor to provision minion nodes

Duan, Li-Gong (Gary, HPServers-Core-OE-PSC) li-gong.duan at hpe.com
Thu Apr 21 05:38:30 UTC 2016

Hi KaiQiang,

Thank you for your reply.

As for 1), You are correct in that Magnum does support 2 flavors(one is for master node and the other is for minion nodes).  What I want to address is whether we should support 2 or N Nova flavors ONLY for minion nodes.

As for 2), We have made Magnum templates works with Ironic(only for Fedora/Atomic/Kubernetes) to create a Magnun bay of Kubernetess and uses the flat network for now (as, for now Ironic doesn’t support VLAN network) in our proto environment. Currently we just use Heat template(Resource Group) -> Nova:Server -> Ironic driver as Nova hypervisor to implement it.

Regards,
Gary