[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Proposed changes to TripleO project tags

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:29:43 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 6:16 AM, Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> We discussed some changes to our release cycle in the weekly meeting
> yesterday, namely to align with the intended direction of the puppet
> community to adopt the new cycle-trailing tag[1].
>
> We have also discussed and agreed[2] to adopt the standard stable branch
> policy[3] for those repos where we maintain stable/mitaka branches (from
> mitaka onwards, superseding the "release branch" experimient we tried
> for stable/liberty)[4].
>
> To reflect these changes via the governance repo, I've proposed a patch[5]
> that changes the tags to release:cycle-trailing and stable:follows-policy
> for those repos where it is appropriate.
>
> Please provide feedback on that review if you have any comments, questions
> or concerns about this, thanks!
>
> Steve

Thanks, I also pushed a followup patch to move the other projects from
release:independent to release:cycle-with-intermediary. However, I
left diskimage-builder and dib-utils as release:independent for now
pending the discussion in the dib thread.

https://review.openstack.org/308574

--
-- James Slagle