[openstack-dev] [ironic-staging-drivers] Tests at the gates

Vasyl Saienko vsaienko at mirantis.com
Wed Apr 20 14:57:57 UTC 2016

Hello Ironic-staging-drivers team,

At the moment there is no tests for ironic-staging-drivers at the gates.
I think we need to have a simple test that install drivers with theirs
dependencies and ensures that ironic-conductor is able to start.
It may be performed in the following way. Each staging driver contain two
files:

   - python-requirements.txt - file for python libraries
   - other-requirements.sh - script that will install all non-python driver
   requirements.

During devstack installation phase for each driver we launch:

   - pip install -r
   ironic-staging-drivers/ironic-staging-drivers/$driver/python-requirements.txt
   - bash
   ironic-staging-drivers/ironic-staging-drivers/$driver/other-requirements.sh
   - add drivers to enabled_driver list

At the end ironic will try to register a node with some *_ssh driver. So if
it succeed it means that conductor with staging drivers has started
successfully.

The devstack plugin is on review already:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/299229/

Sincerely,
Vasyl Saienko