[openstack-dev] [python-keystoneclient] Return request-id to caller

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:31:54 UTC 2016

On 20 April 2016 at 08:08, koshiya maho <koshiya.maho at po.ntts.co.jp> wrote:

> This design was discussed, reviewed and approved in cross-projects [1] and
> already implemented in nova, cinder and neutron.
> At this point if we change the implementation then it will not be
> consistent across core OpenStack projects.
> For maintenance of the whole of OpenStack, I think that the present method
> is best.
> Please suggest.

The fact that a cross-project spec is approved doesn't mean that it will
end up being practical. If the cinder-client implementation had been found
to break any none-trivial users then I wouldn't have hesitated.

Cross project specs are not getting massive amounts of detailed attention
from project teams, end even they were it is not possible to foresee all
subtle problems at review time - they should be taken as guidance not
gospel and expect to be reworked if it proves necessary.

--
Duncan Thomas