[openstack-dev] [Neutron] meeting topics for 4/21/2016 networking-sfc project IRC meeting
Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com
Wed Apr 20 00:24:51 UTC 2016
Thanks for the note. Great that you already have a skeleton OVN driver for networking-sfc.
The next step is to contribute to the detail driver specification and then work out the edges and details on the coding side as well as unit test and integration test (still a lot of work down the road:)). We can either sync up in the next project meeting (5/5 meeting) or sync up offline after you come back from the travel.
We will cancel the 4/28 project meeting since it is the OpenStack Summit week.
From: John McDowall [mailto:jmcdowall at paloaltonetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:38 PM
To: Cathy Zhang; OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] meeting topics for 4/21/2016 networking-sfc project IRC meeting
I will not make the meeting on Thursday (traveling), but I have a skeleton OVN Driver in progress and should have it working by the end of the week with OVN and the current networking-sfc API. Lots of edge conditions and details to be worked out but the driver model make it pretty easy. Not sure of the next steps - contribute to the blueprint?
From: Cathy Zhang <Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com<mailto:Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com>>
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 11:28 AM
To: "OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Cc: Cathy Zhang <Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com<mailto:Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] meeting topics for 4/21/2016 networking-sfc project IRC meeting
Here are some topics I have for this week's project meeting discussion(The meeting time is not changed, still UTC 1700 Thursday). Feel free to add more.
You can also find the meeting topics in the project wiki page. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/ServiceFunctionChainingMeeting<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.openstack.org_wiki_Meetings_ServiceFunctionChainingMeeting&d=CwMFAg&c=V9IgWpI5PvzTw83UyHGVSoW3Uc1MFWe5J8PTfkrzVSo&r=vZ6VUDaavDpfOdPQrz1ED54jEjvAE36A8TVJroVlrOQ&m=vMgCMsjn906ziN6T3iPlpzfMXRm17lPMgzesF0adY6U&s=AUSU1HCezI2Us9EVSu7uUxv5O8QANpGdBLLCnMJ5Bfc&e=>
Meeting Info: Every Thursday 1700 UTC on #openstack-meeting-4
* Meeting time change from Thursday 1700 UTC to Friday 1700 UTC since no open channel for Wednesday 1700 UTC?
* Maintain the CI seriously and ensure the code in the repo pass all the basic static checks (needs ownership)
* Code Patches scrub
* Consistent Repository rule for networking-sfc related drivers: Northbound Tacker driver and Southbound ONOS driver, ODL driver, OVD driver
* new field "priority" in flow-classifier
* Move the generation of the data path chain path ID from the Driver component to the networking-sfc plugin component
* Define VNF type (l2 or l3) param in service-function-param
* Networking-sfc SFC driver for OVN
* Networking-sfc SFC driver for ODL
* Networking-sfc integration with ONOS completion status update
* Tacker Driver for networking-sfc
* Dynamic service chain update without service interruption
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev