[openstack-dev] [tripleo][heat][all] Summit session clashes

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 22:04:00 UTC 2016

On 19/04/16 20:29, Steven Hardy wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 04:24:46PM +1200, Steve Baker wrote:
>>     All of the TripleO design summit sessions are on Thursday afternoon in
>>     slots which clash with Heat sessions. Heat is a core component of TripleO
>>     and as a contributor to both projects I was rather hoping to attend as
>>     many of both sessions as possible - I don't think I'm alone in this
>>     desire.
>>
>>     Is it possible that some horse trading could take place to reduce the
>>     clashes? Maybe TripleO sessions could move to Wednesday morning?
> Yes I agree this is unfortunate.  I already queried the clashes wrt the
> contributor meetups, and was told we can only adjust if we can find another
> project willing to switch - I'm Open to negotiation if any other PTLs wish
> to change sessions at this late stage.
>
> I see the current Heat schedule has SoftwareDeployment improvements [1] and
> Issues with very large stacks [2] at non-conflicting times, which is good
> as these are probably amongst the top priorities for TripleO (other than
> performance improvements, which relates to very-large-stacks).
>
> One observation I would make is that Heat does have a pretty large number
> of sessions (12 in total plus meetup), this is always going to present
> challenges from a scheduling point of view - perhaps we can ask for a
> volunteer or two (other than myself) from the Heat community who is willing
> to cover at least the Upgrades fishbowl[3] and Composable Services
> workroom[4] sessions if we can't resolve the conflicts.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> [1] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9115
> [2] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9117
> [3] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9118
> [4] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9292

I think we could reduce the topic overlap just by shuffling the heat
sessions.

Thomas, what do you think of the following?
Swap work sessions "Release model and versioning" and "Validation
improvements"
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9240
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9247
This would let me attend the tripleo CI work session, and the release
model session which I proposed ;)

Swap work sessions "Performance improvements" and "hot-parser"
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9236
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9248
This will make the performance work session before the performance
fishbowl, but I'm sure we could make that work. Its not like we need the
fishbowl to solicit areas of improvement.

Sorry for the hassle.