[openstack-dev] [devstack] openstack client slowness / client-as-a-service

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Tue Apr 19 20:29:19 UTC 2016

[Mooney, Sean K] that is similar to how shade works correct. There
Are no plugins all services are part of the core project.

It might be a little out there but I was playing with http://nuitka.net/ at the weekend.
It's a python compiler that uses libpython to generate an AST that gets converted
To cpp and compile with the compiler of your choice to produce a binary.

I used clang and was able to compile the nova compute agent, the nova scheduler
and there oslo dependencies without any code modification. I haven't had a change
to use rally to see if it actually improved the performance but I was perfectly functional.

I was thinking of creating a tox env that would read the console_scripts entry in the setup.cfg
and generate a binary for each by compiling it with nuitka as a follow up but
If you want to still code in python but improve the speed then compiling it would
Also be worth considering before moving to something like go, especially since nuitka allows
You to mike compiled and uncompiled code.