[openstack-dev] [Magnum]Cache docker images

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Tue Apr 19 18:50:56 UTC 2016

Yes, that is an alternative. The complication is how to secure the communication between Magnum bays and the standalone docker registry. I assume we needs some custom logic to setup the communication channel (i.e. install the TLS credential). One way to support it is to add a configuration hook [1] that allows operators to customize the setup. Pre-built docker images into the glance image is another approach. I think Magnum can offer both.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/allow-user-softwareconfig

Best regards,
Hongbin