[openstack-dev] [release][requirements][packaging][summit] input needed on summit discussion about global requirements

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Apr 19 15:26:13 UTC 2016

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 04/19/2016 01:01 PM, Chris Dent wrote:
>> Do I expect it all to
>> happen like I want? No. Do I hope that my concerns will be
>> integrated in the discussion? Yes.
>
> I fail to see what kind of concerns you have with the current situation.
> Could you attempt to make me understand better? What exactly is wrong
> for the type of use case you're discussing?

A genesis of this thread is questioning whether we need to
maintain co-installability as a thing that obtains in the OpenStack
universe.

I think that's a limitation on improving OpenStack, especially in a
big-tent world.

I, in project A, don't want to limit my requirements because project B
has not yet upgraded itself to be able to use the new features in
library X.

At the same time, people in project B don't want to have to upgrade
themselves, when they are not ready, simply because project A wants
to upgrade.

That's an actual problem. All the rest of the discussion is coming
up with ways to manage things if we happen to get rid of that
constraint.

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/