[openstack-dev] [Magnum]Cache docker images

王华 wanghua.humble at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:57:45 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We want to eliminate pulling docker images over the Internet on bay
provisioning. There are two problems of this approach:
1. Pulling docker images over the Internet is slow and fragile.
2. Some clouds don't have external Internet access.

It is suggested to build all the required images into the cloud images to
resolved the issue.

Here is a solution:
We export the docker images as tar files, and put the tar files into a dir
in the image when we build the image. And we add scripts to load the tar
files in cloud-init, so that we don't need to download the docker images.

Any advice for this solution or any better solution?

Regards,
Wanghua