[openstack-dev] [nova] Launchpad bug spring cleaning day Monday 4/18

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Apr 18 22:10:14 UTC 2016

On 4/18/2016 9:00 AM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> In case the dashboard is not loading, you can use
>         * query_inconsistent.py
>         * query_stale_incomplete.py
> from
> https://github.com/markuszoeller/openstack/tree/master/scripts/launchpad
>
> Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)
>
>> From: Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
>> <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
>> Date: 04/05/2016 08:45 PM
>> Subject: [openstack-dev] [nova] Launchpad bug spring cleaning day Monday
> 4/18
>>
>> We're going to have a day of just cleaning out the launchpad bugs for
>> Nova on Monday 4/18.
>>
>> This isn't a bug squashing day where people are proposing patches and
>> the core team is reviewing them.
>>
>> This is purely about cleaning the garbage out of launchpad.
>>
>> Markus Zoeller has a nice dashboard we can use. I'd like to specifically
>
>> focus on trimming these two tabs:
>>
>> 1. Inconsistent:
>> http://45.55.105.55:8082/bugs-dashboard.html#tabInconsistent (142 bugs
>> today)
>>
>> 2. Stale Incomplete:
>> http://45.55.105.55:8082/bugs-dashboard.html#tabIncompleteStale (59 bugs
>
>> today)
>>
>> A lot of these are probably duplicates by now, or fixed, or just invalid
>
>> and we should close them out. That's what we'll focus on.
>>
>> I'd really like to see solid participation from the core team given the
>> core team should know a lot of what's already fixed or invalid, and
>> being part of the core team is more than just reviewing code, it's also
>> making sure our bug backlog is reasonably sane.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt Riedemann

Thanks to everyone that participated in the LP bug spring cleaning
today. Markus took the numbers at the start of his day:

Inconsistent:         145
Stale Incomplete:      56

It's about the end of the working day for me and this is what we got done:

Inconsistent:          73
Stale Incomplete:      32

That's a pretty good dent. We also found a few nasty unconfirmed bugs
along the way and marked those as confirmed/triaged and in some cases
fixes have been pushed up today also.

Matt Riedemann