[openstack-dev] [oslo][keystone][documentation][gate] Babel dependency for oslo.log

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:27:48 UTC 2016

Josh,

So Andreas and i talked a bit, it seems like NONE of the oslo.* libs
except oslo.i18n needs a direct dependency on Babel. So we should yank
them all out and bump major versions
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/latest.log.html#t2016-04-18T11:58:10

Thanks,
Dims

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com> wrote:
> Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>>
>> On 04/17/2016 09:15 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Oslo folks, Andreas and others,
>>>
>>> Over the weekend oslo.log 3.4.0 was released. This broke keystone CI
>>> jobs [2], even though the 3.4.0 was not specified in upper-constraints
>>> as keystone jobs were not honoring the upper-constraints.txt, so we
>>> fixed it in [3].
>>>
>>> So the first big problem after [3] was that several tox targets do not
>>> inject u-c and hence fail, so in [3] we also added install_commands
>>> for testenv:releasenotes and testenv:cover, based on the pattern set
>>> in Nova's tox.ini [4]. That was still not enough and we had to add an
>>> entry in keystone's requirements.txt for Babel even though it was not
>>> there before (and hence pulling in latest Babel from somewhere).
>>>
>>> So Here are the questions:
>>> 1) Is there anyone working to fix all tox CI jobs to honor upper
>>> constraints?
>>> 2) Why do we need Babel in oslo.log's requirements.txt?
>>> 3) Can we remove Babel from all requirements.txt and