[openstack-dev] [release][requirements][packaging][summit] input needed on summit discussion about global requirements

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Apr 18 11:43:57 UTC 2016

On 04/17/2016 11:34 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 04/17/2016 10:13 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> I am organizing a summit session for the cross-project track to
>> (re)consider how we manage our list of global dependencies [1].
>> Some of the changes I propose would have a big impact, and so I
>> want to ensure everyone doing packaging work for distros is available
>> for the discussion. Please review the etherpad [2] and pass the
>> information along to colleagues who might be interested.
>>
>> Doug
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9473
>> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-global-requirements
>
> Sadly the session conflicts with a different one that I'm leading, so I
> cannot be there. That, of course, makes me sad, because I think it's an
> important conversation to have, and I have some strong opinions on the
> topic in both directions.

Whether or not this session gets moved around to accommodate conflicts,
this session represents potentially the most disruptive change up for
consideration this cycle, which means this is going to have to include a
community conversation beyond just the DS session.

So if you have strong feelings and ideas, why not get them out in email
now? That will help in the framing of the conversation.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net