[openstack-dev] [neutron][kilo] - vxlan's max bandwidth

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:50:10 UTC 2016

> Sławek Kapłoński <slawek at kaplonski.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> What MTU have You got configured on VMs? I had issue with performance on
>> vxlan network with standard MTU (1500) but when I configured Jumbo
>> frames on vms and on hosts then it was much better.
>

> Right. Note that custom MTU works out of the box only starting from Mitaka.
> You can find details on how to configure Neutron for Jumbo frames in the
> official docs:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/adv-config-mtu.html

If you want to advertise MTU using DHCP in releases before Mitaka,
you can prepare your custom dnsmasq config file like below and
set it to dhcp-agent dnsmasq_config_file config option.
You also need to set network_device_mtu config parameters appropriately.

sample dnsmasq config file:
--
dhcp-option-force=26,8950
--