[openstack-dev] [release][requirements][packaging][summit] input needed on summit discussion about global requirements

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Apr 18 08:53:44 UTC 2016

Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 04/17/2016 10:13 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> I am organizing a summit session for the cross-project track to
>> (re)consider how we manage our list of global dependencies [1].
>> Some of the changes I propose would have a big impact, and so I
>> want to ensure everyone doing packaging work for distros is available
>> for the discussion. Please review the etherpad [2] and pass the
>> information along to colleagues who might be interested.
>>
>> Doug
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9473
>> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-global-requirements
>
> Sadly the session conflicts with a different one that I'm leading, so I
> cannot be there. That, of course, makes me sad, because I think it's an
> important conversation to have, and I have some strong opinions on the
> topic in both directions.

We might be able to adapt the schedule to accommodate your presence...
if we do the change ASAP and communicate it widely.

We could for example swap the "Co-installability Requirements"
discussion with the "Stable Branch End of Life Policy" discussion.

Such a swap could help with the conflict someone reported between
"Identity v3 API only devstack" and the "Stable Branch" discussion
(can't remember who/where though).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)