[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] Nit-picking documentation changes

Michal Rostecki michal.rostecki at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:37:38 UTC 2016

I'm late to the party and probably my mail will be meaningless. ;)

But -1 from me. Because usually I'm against "oh, nvm, fix it later"
approaches at all. I don't see any significant problem of getting any
kind of patches (both docs and code) merged in Kolla, especially in
comparison to the most popular OpenStack project. I'm not even going to
compare to the most popular open source projects. :) And I don't really
see any problem with -1 on grammar changes if reviewer posts the proper
spelling. Fixing such a comment takes only one minute from someone's
life. Fixing and iterating over docs later by someone else will waste
much more time.

Did we have some people which were actually offended by "grammar
nitpicks" or is it some kind of assumption and effort to be
exaggeratedly polite? Or was there any situation when reviewing any doc
change lasted longer than two weeks?

I'm writing this as a person whose English grammar isn't perfect. And
I'm very welcome for -1-s on my doc patches even if some minor thing is bad.

Also, abstaining from "grammar nitpicks" and fixing that stuff later by
someone else takes away the opportunity to learn English. Feedback from
the native speaker in real life situations can be much more valuable
than learning any foreign language only by taking theoretical classes
and reading text.

That said, I'm not trying to veto your decision which probably is
obligatory now. But feel free to make an exception for me and nitpick my
docs when I post them. ;)